المشاركة 64
ايوب صابر
مراقب عام سابقا

اوسمتي

• موجود
افتراضي رد: دراسة احصائية عن اليتم والشخصيات الخالدة

اشوكا

!
Ashoka who was probably the most important monarch in the History of India, was the third ruler of the Mauryan dynasty and the grandson of its founder, Chandragupta Maurya. Chandragupta was an indian military leader, who in the years subsequent to the campaing of Alexander the Great, conquered most of northern india, and thereby established the first major empire in indian history.

The year of Ashoka`s birth is unknown; probably it was close to 300 B.C. Ashoka ascended the throne about 273 B.C. At first he followed his grandfather`s footsteps and sought to extend his teritory through military action. In the eight year of his reign, he concluded a successful war against Kalinga, a state on the east coast of india (about where the present state of orissa is).

Who was the real “Ashoka the Great”?
To those of us whose image of “Samraat” Ashoka (Ashoka the Great) has been shaped by Amar Chitra Katha�or the eponymous movie, it will come as a suprise that there may actually have been three different Kings by the name of Ashok and the real history of the “Ashok the Great” may be more complex than hitherto imagined.
I am reproducing below some excerpts from some early but ground-breaking research by Kishore Patnaik which he shared on a Yahoo! group recently…It makes for fascinating�reading .
*** Excerpts BEGIN – Long Post ***
…it may be too premature for me to say…(but it appears that) there are three Asokas in the history whose identity has to be established:
1. The Mauryan king Asoka vardhana, as described in Puranas. I am not sure if anything was told about Asoka vardhana by puranas, even though he has ruled the longest in his dynasty
2. The Bauddhist king Asoka(Tissa?) as described in the various Buddhist and Jain works. Clearly, they try to mostly identify Asoka with with Asoka Vardhana but it is possible that the writers are confused since these works were composed centuries after Asoka
3. Priyadarsi, the king of edicts who was supposed to be dear to the gods and of course, just once he calls himself Asoka (in the edict of Maski)
…In any case, we see that all the three kings differ in their nature and dating.
The full name of Asoka Vardhana (the Ashoka of Puranas), a princely name is not mentioned anywhere else – either in non-puranic sources or the edicts. While some buddhist literature does identify the lineage of asoka as mauryan and name his father as bindusara (as did the puranas), largely the name of the father of asoka keeps changing in this literature.
The king of edicts is a totally different person from the Asoka of buddhist literature. That both are buddhists is the only common point.
There is no Kalinga war mentioned in the buddhist literature. The Asoka of Buddhists was a cruel sadist who was brought to the path of Buddhism by various monks as soon as he has taken over or at best, four years after his coronation. After his conversion, Asoka was intolerant of other religions and killed even his own brother, whom he has spared
earlier, suspecting that he is following a heretic Buddha school.
http://satyameva-jayate.org/2008/07/...oka-the-great/

Asoka the Great
Born in 265 B.C, the great king Ashoka was the grandson of the famous ruler Chandragupta Maurya. As a young lad, Ashoka excelled in whatever he was taught. Be it the art of warfare or reading the Holy Scriptures, Asoka excelled in whatever he did. Ashoka had many half brothers and he was loved by one and all. Thus, after his father died, he was crowned as the king of Magadha around 268 B.C. After being crowned as the king, he proved himself by smoothly administrating his territory and performing all his duties as an able and courageous king.

http://www.iloveindia.com/history/an...ty/ashoka.html

The Ashokavadana is an account of the birth and reign of King Ashoka. According to the legend, the birth of Ashoka was predicted by the Buddha, in the story, "The Gift of Dust":
"A hundred years after my death there will be an emperor named Ashoka in Pataliputra. He will rule one of the four continents and adorn Jambudvipa with my relics, building eighty four thousand stupas for the welfare of people.

He will have them honored by gods and men. His fame will be widespread. His meritorious gift was just this: Jaya threw a handful of dust into the Tathaagata's bowl." Sayings of the Buddha according to the Ashokavadana [1]
Following this prophecy, the Ashokavadana further states that Ashoka was finally born as the son of the Maurya Emperor Bindusara by a relatively lower ranked queen, the daughter of a poor Brahmin who introduced her into the harem of the Emperor as it was predicted that her son would be a great ruler. Although she was of priestly lineage, the fact that she was not royal by birth made her a very low-status consort in the harem. [2]
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Ashokavadana

http://www.indiavisitinformation.com...r-Ashoka.shtml

Although the exact dates of Asoka's life are a matter of dispute among scholars, he was born in about 304 B.C. and became the third king of the Mauryan dynasty after the death of his father, Bindusara.

There seems to have been a two-year war of succession during which at least one of Asoka's brothers was killed.
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~malaiya/ashoka.html

Quotes from edicts

The lion capital of Ashoka
• Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, speaks thus:[6] Respect for mother and father is good, generosity to friends, acquaintances, relatives, Brahmans and ascetics is good, not killing living beings is good, moderation in spending and moderation in saving is good. The Council shall notify the Yuktas about the observance of these instructions in these very words.
• Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, desires that all religions should reside everywhere, for all of them desire self-control and purity of heart.[14] But people have various desires and various passions, and they may practice all of what they should or only a part of it. But one who receives great gifts yet is lacking in self-control, purity of heart, gratitude and firm devotion, such a person
• Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, speaks thus: People see only their good deeds saying, "I have done this good deed." But they do not see their evil deeds saying, "I have done this evil deed" or "This is called evil." But this (tendency) is difficult to see.[41] One should think like this: "It is these things that lead to evil, to violence, to cruelty, anger, pride and jealousy. Let me not ruin myself with these things." And further, one should think: "This leads to happiness in this world and the next."

- هناك ما يشير الى انه ولد في تاريخين مختلفين.
- هناك ما يشير انه ورث الحكم عن جده وليس عن والده الذي لا يكاد يذكر.
- يبدو ان مجلس حكم تولى الحكم بعد وفاة والده حتى بلغ سن تمكنه من الحكم فهناك ما يشير انه ولد في 265 قبل الميلاد ولم يستلم العرش الا بعد سنوات حيث جرت حرب بينه وبين اخوته من ام اخرى وقتلهم جميعا.

سنعتبره هنا رغم ما يشر الى يتمه

مجهول