قديم 08-27-2012, 10:00 PM
المشاركة 66
ايوب صابر
مراقب عام سابقا

اوسمتي

• غير موجود
افتراضي
65-جون آربثون فيشر

Admiral of the Fleet John Arbuthnot "Jacky" Fisher, 1st Baron Fisher of Kilverstone,[3][4] GCB, OM, GCVO (25 January 1841 – 10 July 1920) was a British admiral known for his efforts at naval reform. He had a huge influence on the Royal Navy in a career spanning more than 60 years, starting in a navy of wooden sailing ships armed with muzzle-loading cannon and ending in one of steel-hulled battlecruisers, submarines and the first aircraft carriers. The argumentative, energetic, reform-minded Fisher is often considered the second most important figure in British naval history, after Lord Nelson.

Fisher is primarily celebrated as an innovator, strategist and developer of the navy rather than a seagoing admiral involved in major battles, although in his career he experienced all these things. When appointed First Sea Lord in 1904 he removed 150 ships then on active service but which were no longer useful and set about constructing modern replacements, creating a modern fleet prepared to meet Germany during World War I.[5]
Fisher saw the need to improve the range, accuracy and firing rate of naval gunnery, and was an early proponent of the use of the torpedo, which he believed would supersede big guns for use against ships. As Controller, he introduced torpedo boat destroyers as a class of ship intended for defence against attack from torpedo boats or submarines. As First Sea Lord, he was responsible for the construction of HMS Dreadnought, the first all-big-gun battleship, but he also believed that submarines would become increasingly important and urged their development. He was involved with the introduction of turbine engines to replace reciprocating designs, and the introduction of oil fuelling to replace coal. He introduced daily baked bread on board ships, whereas when he entered the service it was customary to eat hard biscuits, frequently infested by weevils.[6]

He first officially retired from the Admiralty in 1911 on his 70th birthday, but became First Sea Lord again in November 1914. He resigned seven months later in frustration over Churchill's Gallipoli campaign, and then served as chairman of the Government's Board of Invention and Research until the end of the war.

John Arbuthnot Fisher was born on 25 January 1841 on the Wavenden Estateat Rambodde in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). He was the eldest of eleven children (of whom seven survived infancy) born to Sophie Fisher and Captain William Fisher, a British Army officer in the 78th Highlanders, who had been an aide-de-camp to the former governor, Sir Robert Horton, Bt., and was serving as a staff officer at Kandy. Fisher commented, 'My mother was a most magnificent and handsome, extremely young woman....My father was 6 feet 2 inches..., also especially handsome. Why I am ugly is one of those puzzles of physiology which are beyond finding out'.

William Fisher sold his commission the year John was born, and became a coffee planter and late Chief Superintendent of police. He incurred such debt on his two coffee plantations that he could barely support his growing family.

At the age of 6 John (who was always known within the family as "Jack" was sent to England to live with his maternal grandfather, Charles Lambe, in New Bond Street, London. His grandfather had also lost money and the family survived by renting out rooms in their home.

John's younger brother, Frederic William Fisher, joined the Royal Navy and reached the rank of admiral,and his youngest surviving sibling Philip became a navy lieutenant on Atalanta before drowning in an 1880 storm.

William Fisher was killed in a riding accident when John was 15. John's relationship with his mother Sophie suffered from their separation, and he never saw her again. However, he continued to send her an allowance until her death.

In 1870, she suggested visiting Fisher in England, but he dissuaded her as strongly as he could. Fisher wrote to his wife: "I hate the very thought of it and really, I don't want to see her. I don't see why I should as I haven't the slightest recollection of her."

Fisher married Frances Katharine Josepha Broughton, the daughter of Rev. Thomas Delves Broughton and Frances Corkran, on 4 April 1866 while stationed at Portsmouth. Kitty's two brothers were both naval officers. According to a cousin, she believed that Jack would rise "to the top of the tree." They remained married until her death in July 1918. They had a son, Cecil Vavasseur, 2nd Baron Fisher (1868–1955), and three daughters, Beatrix Alice (1867–1930), Dorothy Sybil (1873–1962) and Pamela Mary (1876–1949), who all married naval officers.

انفصل عن والديه وهو في سن السابعة وعاش مع جده لامه في مكان منفصل. مات والده وعمره 15 سنة. غانى كثيرا من انفاصله عن والدته الى حد انه لم يعد يذكر شكلها ورفض لقائها.

يتيم اجتماعي بأنفصاله عن والديه وبقاءه بعيد عن امه ويتيم فعلي حيث مات الاب وعمره 15 سنة.

يتيم الاب في سن الـ 15.