قديم 08-19-2010, 01:45 PM
المشاركة 159
ايوب صابر
مراقب عام سابقا

اوسمتي

• موجود
افتراضي
وليم الفاتح

William is believed have been bn in either 1027 1028 in Château de Falaise in Falaise, Nmandy, France, and me likely in the autumn of the later year.[1][notes 1] William was the only son of Robert I, Duke of Nmandy, as well as the grandnephew of the English Queen, Emma of Nmandy, wife of King Ethelred the Unready and then of King Canute the Great.[3]

Though illegitimate, his father named him as heir Nmandy. His mother, Herleva, who later married and be two so Herluin de Conteville, was the daughter of Fulbert of Falaise.

In addition his two half-brothers, Odo of Bayeux and Robert, Count of Mtain, William also had a sister, Adelaide of Nmandy, another child of Robert.
William's illegitimacy affected his early life.

As a child, his life was in cotant danger om his kimen who thought they had a me legitimate right rule. One attempt on William's life occurred while he slept at a castle keep at Vaudreuil, when the murderer mistakenly stabbed the child sleeping next William.[4] Nevertheless, when his father died, he was recognised as the heir.

[5] Later in his life, his enemies are repted have called him "William the Bastard", and derided him as the son of a tanner's daughter, and the residents of besieged Alençon hung animal ski om the city walls taunt him.
Duke of Nmandy

By his father's will, William succeeded him as Duke of Nmandy at age seven in 1035. Plots by rival Nman noblemen usurp his place cost William three guardia, though not Count Alan III of Brittany, who was a later guardian. William was suppted by King Henry I of France, however.

He was knighted by Henry at age 15. By the time William turned 19 he was successfully dealing with threats of rebellion and invasion. With the assistance of Henry, William finally secured control of Nmandy by defeating rebel Nman baro at Caen in the Battle of Val-ès-Dunes in 1047, obtaining the Truce of God, which was backed by the Roman Catholic Church. Agait the wishes of Pope Leo IX, William married Matilda of Flanders in 1053 in the Notre-Dame chapel of Eu castle, Nmandy (Seine-Maritime).

At the time, William was about 24 years old and Matilda was 22. William is said have been a faithful and loving husband, and their marriage produced four so and six daughters. In repentance f what was a coanguine marriage (they were distant cousi), William donated St Stephen's Church (l'Abbaye-aux-Hommes) and Matilda donated Holy Trinity church (l'Abbaye aux Dames).