قديم 08-27-2012, 09:52 PM
المشاركة 62
ايوب صابر
مراقب عام سابقا

اوسمتي

• غير موجود
افتراضي
61- برنالدو لو مونتجمري

Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery, 1st Viscount Montgomery of Alamein, KG, GCB, DSO, PC (pronounced /məntˈɡʌmərɪ əv ˈæləmeɪn/; 17 November 1887 – 24 March 1976), often referred to as "Monty", was a British Army officer. He fought in World War I, and during World War II he successfully commanded Allied forces at the Battle of El Alamein, a major turning point in the Western Desert Campaign. He was later an important commander in Italy and in North-West Europe, where he was in command of all Allied ground forces during Operation Overlord until after the Battle of Normandy, and was the principal commander for Operation Market Garden . After the War he became Commander-in-Chief of the British Forces of Occupation in Germany and then Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Montgomery was born in Kennington, London, in 1887. He was the fourth child of nine. His parents were The ReverendHenry Hutchinson Montgomery, an Anglo-IrishAnglicanpriest, and Maud Montgomery (née Farrar). Henry Montgomery was the second son of the noted British Indian Empire official, Sir Robert Montgomery, who died a month after Bernard's birth.[26] Bernard's mother Maud was the daughter of the well-known preacher Frederic William Farrar, and was eighteen years younger than her husband.[27] After the death of Sir Robert Montgomery, Henry inherited the Montgomery ancestral estate of New Park at Moville, a town on the Inishowen Peninsula of north County Donegal in the west of Ulster.
However, there was still £13,000 to pay on the mortgage, a large amount of money in the 1880s, and Henry was at the time still only a parish priest. Despite selling off farms at Ballynally, "there was barely enough to keep up New Park and pay for the summer holiday" (i.e., at New Park).[28] It was lucky that in 1889 Henry was made Bishop of Tasmania, then still a colony. He thought he had to spend as much time as possible in rural Tasmania and was away six months at a time. While he was away his wife, still in her mid-twenties, gave her children "constant" beatings,[29] or ignored them most of the time as she carried out the public duties of the bishop's wife. Of Bernard's brothers and sisters, Sibyl would die when she was very young in Tasmania, and Harold, Donald and Una would all emigrate. When her husband was absent, Maud Montgomery took little active interest in the education of her young children. She had them taught by tutors brought across from England. The loveless environment made Bernard something of a bully, as he himself later recalled "I was a dreadful little boy. I don't suppose anybody would put up with my sort of behaviour these days." Later in life Montgomery refused to allow his son David to have anything to do with his grandmother and he refused to attend her funeral in 1949.[

The family returned home once for the Lambeth Conference in 1897, and Bernard and his brother Harold were educated for a term at The King's School, Canterbury. In 1901, Bishop Montgomery became secretary of the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel, and the family returned to London. Montgomery went to St Paul's School and then the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, from which he was almost expelled for setting fire to a fellow cadet during a fight with pokers. On graduation he joined the 1st Battalion, The Royal Warwickshire Regiment in September 1908 as a second lieutenant, first seeing service in India until 1913. He was promoted to lieutenant in 1910.[

لا يعرف متى مات والده ، والذي كان يكبر زوجته 18 عاما. الوالد كان يغيب عن البيت على اقل ستة اشهر بسبب عمله في الريف واثناء غياب الوالد كانت الام تعاقب اطفالها بشكل سيء الى حد ان منتوغمري كان يرفض ان يسمح لابنه ان يلتقي بجدته ورفض حضور جنازتها عند وافتها.

يتيم اجتماعي.