المشاركة 1139
ايوب صابر
مراقب عام سابقا

اوسمتي

• موجود
افتراضي
Email sent 10/9/2012

Dear Dr. Stuart

Further to my email dated 6/9/2012 which was written in response to your first email below in which you stated:
" Now, you might be right in your hypothesis: some sort of neurohormonal inbalance (an increase in dopamine, a decrease ingaba?) which is what would be involved in your 'increased energy' idea. "
-Does the increase in dopamine and the decrease in gaba result from cortisolemia?
-Or does it happen in addition to it and as a result of going through traumatic experiences?
-Is there anything in science which shows that the level of energy increases in case of there is an increase in dopamine?
-Has any test been carried out on orphans to determine what level of dopamine gaba they have?

Also you wrote " But let me suggest another possibility.As a result of the trauma, quite a few of these children develop narrowed interests as a consequence of their need to shut out certain kinds of experiences (emotional, social), and it is this narrowing which results in their exceptional skills in some field: i.e., which leads them to over-focus on a particular cognitive or skill domain. such an argument would be in line with the 'islands of expertise' hypothesis developed by M. Howe".
-Will this rule out the possibility of an increase in the energy in the brain?
-Could the psychology of a person be a by-product of the energy increase? i.e the ( narrowed interest and exceptional skills) is a result of the presence of extra ordinary energy and not a cause to islands of expertise!?

You also wrote: " One way or another I think you've hit upon something extremely interesting. For more on some of the basic orunderlying processes involved, take a look at my new book Calm, Alert and Learning. What we almost always see in children with such a background is an impairment or constriction in at least one of the five domains of self-regulation discussed in the book, and generally in several of the domains".

I will be happy to read your book and I will send Ann my address.
Now and in reference to the above quote:
-Could, what you have described in your book as the "impairment or constriction in at least one of the five domains ofself-regulation", be a result of the presence of extra ordinary energy as well?
-In other words: the Traumatic experiences produce a higher level of energy, the presence of such energy results in a number of brain activities like the (narrowed interest and exceptional skills) and the ( impairment or constriction in at least one of the five domains of self-regulation) included in your book?
-Which means that the source of creative activity or genius is the extra ordinary energy in itself resulting from the traumatic experience?

I am looking forward to hear from you on the above before I explain further my idea on the increase of energy issue and how it possibly happens.

Thank you very much for your help.

BR