قديم 06-12-2011, 02:58 PM
المشاركة 810
ايوب صابر
مراقب عام سابقا

اوسمتي

• غير موجود
افتراضي
جيمس أبرام جارفيلد

(بالإنكليزية: James Abram Garfield)؛ (19 نوفمبر1831أوهايو - 19 سبتمبر1881نيوجرسي )، الرئيس العشرين للولايات المتحدة الامريكية من 4 مارس1881 إلى 19 سبتمبر1881. يعتبر بعد وليام هنري هاريسون ثاني أقصر فترة رئاسة لرئيس أمريكي تولى الحكم، حيث تعرض لعملية اغتيال في 2 يوليو1881 أدت إلى وفاته في 19 سبتمبر.

James Garfield was born the youngest of five children on November 19, 1831, in a log cabin in Organe Township, now Moreland Hills, Ohio. His father, Abram Garfield, locally known as a wrestler, died when Garfield was 17 months old Of Welsh ancestry, he was reared and cared for by his mother, Eliza Ballou, who said, "He was the largest babe I had and looked like a red Irishman." Garfield's parents joined Disciples of Christ Church, which profoundly influenced their son.
At age 16, he struck out on his own, drawn seaward by dreams of being a mariner, and got a job for six weeks as a canal driver near Cleveland. Illness forced him to return home and, once recuperated, he began school at Geauga Academy, where he became keenly interested in academics, both learning and teaching. Garfield later said of this early time, "I lament that I was born to poverty, and in this chaos of childhood, seventeen years passed before I caught any inspiration...a precious 17 years when a boy with a father and some wealth might have become fixed in manly ways."[ In 1849, he accepted an unsought teaching position, and thereafter developed an aversion to what he called "place seeking," which became, he said, "the law of my life." In 1850